Alcala de Henares
The Study Abroad in Spain program was established in 1987 in order to promote academic collaboration between Spain and the US through specialized educational programs.
The Study Abroad in Spain program is specifically designed for international students who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in Spain. Our Semester Program runs during the Fall and Spring semesters and students can take up to four courses completing a total of 12 U.S. Undergraduate Credits.
Why study at Instituto Franklin-UAH?
Instituto Franklin-UAH offers an Orientation Session before the program begins, in order to provide students with practical, cultural and academic information to create a smooth transition within a new culture and city.
- More than 28 years of experience teaching international students.
- The academic excellence of our academic offering.
- Comprehensive immersion experience for our students to maximize their personal and intercultural development.
- Universidad de Alcalá is one of the oldest and most prestigious higher education institutions in Spain, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
- It is conveniently located near Madrid, one of the great capitals of Europe.
- Our privileged location (15 miles from Adolfo Suarez Madrid Barajas Airport) allows easy travel both within Spain and around Europe
The Orientation Session provides incoming students with useful and practical information about the Universidad de Alcalá in general and Instituto Franklin-UAH in particular. It also covers relevant features of the program including academic information, course registration, medical insurance, accommodation, public transportation and cultural and practical information that introduce students to the different aspects of Spanish culture.
Students are also required to take an online language placement test before the beginning of the program.
The orientation includes two guided tours; one that covers the city of Alcalá de Henares and the University, and one that offers a walking tour around the historical center of Madrid, allowing students to experience the transportation system between Alcalá de Henares and Madrid in a facilitated group environment.
The Study Abroad in Spain program offers an ample diversity of areas of study suited to every student. Our program includes courses in Spanish Studies, International Relations, Business Administration and International Business, Translation, Education, Journalism and Communication and Health Sciences.
In addition to all these disciplines students can participate in a unique Internship Program and spend a full semester working in a company of their choice.
Cost of the Program
Semester Program (Fall or Spring): € 7,780
Tuition (4 courses per semester, 2 per month in summer and 1 course during the January program)
Universidad de Alcalá credits
Homestays in families in Alcalá (three meals a day) or university dorms (meal plan)*
Airport pickup (on scheduled dates).